Thank you very much, this seems to work well.
I have another question linked to this which is probably a bit basic so
I apologize.
At the end of my program, I want to destroy all the petsc objects. I
start by destroying the matrixes, then the ksp and pc objects similarly
to how it's done in the examples. However I get an error when attempting
to destroy the KSP and PC objects : [0]PETSC ERROR: Invalid argument [0]PETSC ERROR: Wrong type of object: Parameter # 1 I've tried switching the order around, but I still get the same errors.

And if I don't destroy these objects I get a memory leak, which I'd like
to avoid.
My question is I don't really understand when and how I'm supposed to
destroy the KSP and PC objects? Thanks again, Best regards, Perceval,
You can do this directly in PETSc. Create a KSP object with PREONLY and
PCCHOLESKY (or just a PC object). Then call KSPSetUp (or PCSetUp) and extract
the factored matrix with PCFactorGetMatrix(). Then call MatGetInertia() on the
factored matrix. Repeat this for each value of E.

I guess it can be even shorter if you call MatCholeskyFactor() directly.

Jose

El 24 mar 2020, a las 11:07, Perceval Desforges