On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 09:22:47PM +0200, Can Erkin Acar wrote:

> Right now things are changing too fast. I had to stop working on pftop
> or risk losing my sanity ;) (Ouch! it is broken again, I will make a new
> release in a week). I think we need a 'pf version' incremented with
> api/structure changes. That would really make maintaining portable code
> MUCH easier.

See the updated patch in the -current ports tree, it's fixed.

There's no reason to gamble with sanity by trying to backport features,
people running 3.0, 3.1 and 3.2 -release or -stable are supposed to use
the appropriate ports tree. If it worked when 3.1 was shipped, it can
still be built using that ports tree. I wouldn't go insane over trying
to backport all changes and supply one version that compiles with all
old releases. If people can't be bothered with upgrading, why would you
bother delivering them the latest features to compile on their old
systems? :)

Daniel