On Sat, Apr 29, 2006 at 04:26:19PM -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I'd have a look at this problem myself, but I'm not good with C. I was
> hoping there was some sort of todo list I could petition this to be
> added too, because lots of people here seem to agree this is pf's (and
> ALTQ's) worst problem.

I'm not sure if this thread is a statistically relevant measurement.

If the main reason why the workaround with the additional machine is
problematic is hardware and electricity cost, and there are 'lots of
people' that care deeply about this, and each of them would save, say,
$500 if the feature were implemented, it shouldn't be hard to collect
$20k (two man-months, a reasonable estimate, I'd say) and send that to
Theo with the request for implementation during a hackathon.

Or, to turn the argument around, if the entire support for the feature
is five people offering lollipops and eternal gratitute, developer time
is probably better spent elsewhere.

By all means, try it. There are more readers (and developers) on the
misc@ and tech@ lists, so I'd start there.

Daniel