On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 02:32:31AM -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I'm not demanding anyone do anything, I'm not trolling, I just want to
> get this acknowledged as an area for potential development. Why
> everyone's so resistant to this is beyond me. That this is the only
> extra feature I'd like to have in pf I think reflects pretty well on
> pf.

No problem. I, dhartmei@, in my role as OpenBSD and pf developer[1], hereby
acknowledge inbound queueing in pf/altq as an area of potential development.

Several users, on several occasions, have shown interest in this feature,
and so far no strong technical reason has been named why it should not be
added.

I vouch that, if and when development in that area has occurred, I'll do
my best to review, test, and reach a consensus to commit that work.

I'm not resistant to this feature, I just don't want to implement it
myself. I'd rather do laundry and watch a movie.

That doesn't mean I discourage anyone else from doing it. Go ahead, knock
yourself out. It's not a trivial task, you'll earn respect.

Is that official enough? Can we move on now?

Daniel

[1]
http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/net/pf.c?rev=1.1&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup