The problem was an error in my rules.  It has been corrected but an
auxilliary issue has surfaced.  Due to limitations in hardware this
second firewalled host has two IP addresses on the same subnet.  I
would like requests to certain ports to exit on a particular interface.
 How do I do that?  For instance, the host filters my mail so it needs
to perform online tests (UDP 53 to an internal caching nameserver) and
then forward the mail to a second internal mailserver (TCP 25).