I'd like to understand how it actually works the "d" parameter of the service curves in HFSC.

It is defined as the time (in milliseconds) that bandwidth is given by the "m1" parameter. Then the "m2" parameter is used.

OK, but how it works in the intermediate cases?
For example, what happens if the used bandwidth is less then "m1" or if it is used only intermittently?

I understand the "tokens bucket" metaphor, but the bucket capacity is expressed in bytes, not in time.

Perhaps a tokens bucket is used here too, and it's capacity is calculated as "m1 * d" (speed * time = capacity)?

If not, how the "d" parameter actually works?

Thanks.

    __
   |-                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]