On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 6:26 AM, Shirley Wang <sw...@pivotal.io> wrote:

>>> Most of the time will likely be on the infrastructure to change the
>>> display to a subnode control. If you have some cycles to mockup potential
>>> layouts for the subnode view and have them validated, please feel free,
>>> however, that seems like an awful lot of work to me to display some missing
>>> SQL using a standard control.
>>>
>> Regarding SQL display: Developing simple control to show codemirror in
>> disabled state (for now) wont take that much time.
>>

> Part of a product designer's job is to make sure there is a definitive
> need for a feature and that the interface for the feature is designed in
> such a way that the user gets all intended value from it. Time spent
> validating now will decrease the time spent later on redesigning /
> reimplementing.
>
> If everyone is aware of what that value is and confident that how it'll be
> displayed is right, there's little risk in starting to develop it. If we're
> wrong, it'll add to feature bloat and detract from the experience.

There are also features that we know are required from nearly 20 years of
experience building pgAdmin. This is one of those "D'oh, how on earth did
we not think of that" features that should have been in the original
release but wasn't. It's painfully obvious that we need this, as a number
of users have pointed out since we first released pgAdmin 4. It's the
equivalent of a tool for deleting files that doesn't tell you the name of
each file.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com