Hi Dave,
Since we're hoping to get this change working for GPDB we've currently using
this method to detect if it's gpdb and show the appropriate graphs. Right now it
displays errors on the dashboard if it's connected to a gpdb server.For this
patch specifically, the goal is to improve the experience for greenplum users so
they can get the same information as someone connected to a postgres server.
I do agree that this is a bigger discussion about how we handle behavior change
overall if it's regular postgres or something else. Let's talk about how we can
restructure this behavior in a wider context. Are you open to meeting about it?
Thanks,~Jing