Hi Hackers,

This is regarding RM3294 which I am working on, where user needs to reset
the layout to see the changed preferences parameters. I am able to
implement it, and have used the following approach:
1) when preference changed, fire a custom event - prefChangedEvent
2) listent to prefChangedEvent wherever preferences should be reflected in
realtime.
3) In the event handler, make the changes as per the module.
4) So whenever the preferences are changed, the event fires, the listener
executes the event handler and changes are done.

Benefit of this approach is no polling. But, there is a problem here.
It is not possible to fire event in another tab/new browser window. For
example, query tool can be open in another tab. And thus, changes are not
reflected there. There are solutions available like updating the
localStorage of the browser but those are not reliable and does not work
properly on different browsers.

Request you to kindly suggest if you any better idea.

Thanks and Regards,
Aditya Toshniwal
Software Engineer | EnterpriseDB Software Solutions | Pune
"Don't Complain about Heat, Plant a tree"