Edward Di Geronimo Jr. wrote:
Quoting Dave Page <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk>:

Pasteing? I dunno. Anyway in MS Query Analyser you can paste entire rows, or sets of new rows into a table. I had been planning on looking at something similar, but with an additional option (offered at paste time, when necessary) to skip OID/serial columns.

Enterprise Manager handles the issue by skipping over any identity (serial) columns when pasting rows. That's how I figured it should be done. OID's would of course be treated the same way.

I was also planning on looking into it when I had a chance to get back to pgAdmin. If you want, I should be able to look into it midweek or so. Let me know if you want to do it or if I should.

So this was a frmEditGrid issue, not frmQuery. I didn't touch that.
Please note that there are many editing issues here (very platform specific), which is, I know it's boring to read again, a wxGrid issue.

Regards,
Andreas

      match