Hi Jack,

I was in a similar situation with an old application using pg v9. I
installed different versions of postgres with homebrew on Catalina. I
currently have versions 9, 11 & 12 installed and can have them all running
in parallel listening on different ports. I connect to them all from a
single instance of pgAdmin4 over their respective ports. Testing the
application with the new pg version is also just a port change in the
configuration. It works very well.

Best wishes,
R.

--