On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 04:18:05AM -0400, Stephen Cook wrote:
> On 2017-05-19 16:07, Michael Shapiro wrote:
> > FWIW -- the final release of PgAdmin 3 fixed an ssl issue which, at
> > least for me, fixed the disconnects from the server.
>
> Not me. I still can't use it for more than a few minutes at a time, or
> with a query that returns more than a few dozen rows, if SSH is
> involved. Stuck with the command-line until pgAdmin 4 becomes useful or
> I find something else.

I also gave up on using pgadmin4.

PgadminIII (1.22.2-1) on Debian is somewhat unstable but to me more
usable than pgadmin4. We use it with PostgreSQL 9.6 and most of use it
over a ssh-tunnel.

Maybe pgadmin4 will one day be fast and efficient, but I doubt it
because of the platform and architecture the developers have chosen to
use.

And maybe some people like the interface.  That may be a matter of
personal taste.

I have also tested some alternatives to pgadmin3/4 and some of them are
usable.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies                            Telefoon: 021-808 4699
Databestuurder /  Data manager          Faks: 021-883 3691

Sentrum vir Navorsing oor Evaluasie, Wetenskap en Tegnologie
Centre for Research on Evaluation, Science and Technology
Universiteit Stellenbosch.

The integrity and confidentiality of this email is governed by these terms /
Hierdie terme bepaal die integriteit en vertroulikheid van hierdie epos.
http://www.sun.ac.za/emaildisclaimer