On Thu, 3 May 2012 15:48:35 +0530, Gnanakumar wrote:
Hi,

Recently, in our Production server, we found a "single query" being held up in "<IDLE> in transaction" for more than 19 hours using the following query:

[...]

Usually these are application problems, not database ones. E.g. a piece of code not cathing an error correctly or breaking out of a loop or something like that and leaving the transaction open (not issuing COMMIT or ROLLBACK). Seens this quite often in production and it was always tracebla back to an application error.

To find out what the session has last done before it started idling you would need to turn on statement logging. Then at least you might be able to trace down in which part of you application this was caused.

Jan

--
professional: http://www.oscar-consult.de
private: http://neslonek.homeunix.org/drupal/