Another thing that I noticed is that the metapage stores
    btm_last_cleanup_num_heap_tuples as a float4, even though
    xl_btree_metadata stores it as a double. I suggest that both places
    store it as float8, to be consistent. (It should not be double because
    we always avoid using anything other types with explicit typedef'd
    widths in WAL records.)

Good catch, thank you!  I also agree that both these fields should be of float8 type. Please, find attached bt-vacuum-cleanup-float8-num-heap-tuples.patch fixing that.

Hm. patch changes on-disk representation of btree meta page. And there is no support to upgrade meta page since 857f9c36 commit (and should not, because that versions wasn't relesead), to prevent possible false positive bug reports I suggest to bump catversion. Objections?

--
Teodor Sigaev                      E-mail: teo...@sigaev.ru
                                      WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/