Amit Langote <[email protected]> writes:
> I'm thinking of pushing this to master first and see if it helps.  I
> note in my proposed commit message that back-patching to 19 is
> deferred until beta4 freeze is over, but maybe I should not wait until
> then?

Formally, we're in release freeze on v19, so you should get the
concurrence of pgsql-release@ before pushing something into the
v19 branch this weekend.  It's going to be hard to get meaningful
input though (seeing that it's late Saturday night USA time, and
very early Sunday morning European time).  Moreover, the longer
you wait, the fewer buildfarm runs will happen before release wrap;
and it being a weekend there's not going to be a lot of commit
activity to help runs happen.  So there's no way around some risk
here.

Having said that, the failure rate seems high enough to be
annoying (I see six BF failures across master and v19 in the
24-ish hours since this went in), and the patch looks pretty
safe.  So I think my vote is to push.  I'd counsel asking
pgsql-release@ as a matter of formality, and pushing if no
objections arrive within a couple of hours.

                        regards, tom lane


Reply via email to