On Sun, Sep 20, 2026 at 12:34 PM Tom Lane <[email protected]> wrote: > Amit Langote <[email protected]> writes: > > I'm thinking of pushing this to master first and see if it helps. I > > note in my proposed commit message that back-patching to 19 is > > deferred until beta4 freeze is over, but maybe I should not wait until > > then? > > Formally, we're in release freeze on v19, so you should get the > concurrence of pgsql-release@ before pushing something into the > v19 branch this weekend. It's going to be hard to get meaningful > input though (seeing that it's late Saturday night USA time, and > very early Sunday morning European time). Moreover, the longer > you wait, the fewer buildfarm runs will happen before release wrap; > and it being a weekend there's not going to be a lot of commit > activity to help runs happen. So there's no way around some risk > here. > > Having said that, the failure rate seems high enough to be > annoying (I see six BF failures across master and v19 in the > 24-ish hours since this went in), and the patch looks pretty > safe. So I think my vote is to push. I'd counsel asking > pgsql-release@ as a matter of formality, and pushing if no > objections arrive within a couple of hours.
Thanks Tom. Added pgsql-release. For context: the change is regression-test-only. It wraps the operator-family test added by c62b330912e in a rolled-back transaction so the family is never visible to concurrently running tests, which has been causing intermittent plan-shape failures in window.sql and equivclass.sql on several buildfarm animals (six in the last ~24h as Tom noted). Patch I would like to push is attached. I'd like concurrence to push it to REL_19_STABLE during the freeze. I'll push to both branches around 15:30 JST (06:30 UTC) unless I hear objections. Sorry about the weekend rush. -- Thanks, Amit Langote
0001-Attempt-to-fix-test-interference-from-foreign_key-op.patch
Description: Binary data
