Hello all

Working with anonymous blocks I recently found a formatting issue which confused me at the first look:

DO $$DECLARE r record;
BEGIN

Source: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-do.html#SQL-DO-EXAMPLES and ~/src/postgresql/doc/src/sgml/ref/do.sgml


Suggested improvement:

DO $$
DECLARE
    r record;
BEGIN

Shall I write a patch for this? Anybody willing to look at a patch?

<programlisting>
DO $$
DECLARE
    r record;
BEGIN
    FOR r IN SELECT table_schema, table_name FROM information_schema.tables
             WHERE table_type = 'VIEW' AND table_schema = 'public'
    LOOP
        EXECUTE 'GRANT ALL ON ' || quote_ident(r.table_schema) || '.' || quote_ident(r.table_name) || ' TO webuser';
    END LOOP;
END$$;
</programlisting></para>


Searching further for similar issues I found this:


RETURNS BOOLEAN AS $$
DECLARE passed BOOLEAN;
BEGIN

Same case. Shall I write a patch for this?

Source: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-createfunction.html


Regards,
Oli

--

FromDual - Neutral and vendor independent MariaDB, MySQL and PostgreSQL 
services.

FromDual GmbH                     Rebenweg 6
CH - 8610 Uster
Oli Sennhauser                    CEO / Senior Consultant
Phone: +41 44 500 58 20           Mobile: +41 79 830 09 33
[email protected]       https://www.fromdual.com
Twitter: fromdual

Attachment: OpenPGP_0xB58CF11D3C9DDEA9.asc
Description: OpenPGP public key

Attachment: OpenPGP_signature.asc
Description: OpenPGP digital signature

Reply via email to