I hesitate to use barman or pgBackRest. I have found a lot of common
points between them and a few differences:
About pgBarman, I like :
- be able restore on a remote server from the backup server
- use replication slots for backingup wal on the backup server.
About pgBackRest, I like :
- real differential backup.
- lots of options
- option for backingup if PostgreSQL is already in backup mode
I would like to have :
- advices or feedbach about using pgBackrest or barman.
- pros and cons of these solutions
- differences that I would not have seen.