On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 5:13 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.kla...@aklaver.com>
wrote:

> On 04/09/2018 02:10 PM, karthik kumar wrote:
>

>> On 04/09/2018 01:01 PM, karthik kumar wrote:
>>
>>     Hi Guru's,
>>
>>     I am trying to access few table present in DB2 LUW from postgres
>>     database.
>>     All commands work fine, however when I try to select data from table
>>     it throws error:
>>
>>     pg@a92a3741d40e:~/odbc_fdw$ psql -d postgres
>>     psql (10.1)
>>     Type "help" for help.
>>
>>     postgres=# create extension odbc_fdw;
>>     CREATE EXTENSION
>>
>>     postgres=# CREATE SERVER odbc_db2 FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER odbc_fdw
>>     OPTIONS (dsn 'SAMPLE');
>>     CREATE SERVER
>>

>>     postgres=# CREATE USER MAPPING FOR pg SERVER odbc_db2 OPTIONS
>>     (odbc_UID  'db2inst1', odbc_PWD 'db2inst1');
>>

>> Assuming using this:
>>
>> https://github.com/ZhengYang/odbc_fdw <https://github.com/ZhengYang/
>> odbc_fdw>
>>
>> I believe that should be username and password per above link:
>>
>> "CREATE USER MAPPING FOR postgres
>>          SERVER odbc_server
>>          OPTIONS (username 'root', password '');
>> "
>>
>> Yes.
>>

> Does 'yes' mean you changed this:
>
> CREATE USER MAPPING FOR pg SERVER odbc_db2 OPTIONS (odbc_UID 'db2inst1',
> odbc_PWD 'db2inst1');
>
> to this?:
>
> CREATE USER MAPPING FOR pg SERVER odbc_db2 OPTIONS (username 'db2inst1',
> password 'db2inst1');

If i try to use username it throws error as invalid option

postgres=# CREATE SERVER driver_db5 FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER odbc_fdw OPTIONS
(dsn 'sample');
CREATE SERVER

postgres=# CREATE USER MAPPING FOR pg SERVER driver_db5 OPTIONS (username
'db2inst1', password 'db2inst1');
ERROR:  invalid option "username"
HINT:  Valid options in this context are: <none>

postgres=# CREATE USER MAPPING FOR pg SERVER driver_db5 OPTIONS (odbc_UID
'db2inst1', odbc_PWD 'db2inst1');
CREATE USER MAPPING