On 10/30/18 5:09 AM, Marian Forums wrote:
Hi,

I have a question about creating a service script to start/stop/status postgresql instance ( version 9.6.8) on Red Hat 7.

How did you install Postgres on the machine?

I have read the explanation of how to create such a service script on https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/server-start.html .

Did you use the example at the above link or did you write your own?

If you wrote your own can you show it?

Stopping and Starting works.
However when I stop the service with:
systemctl stop postgresq.service and than ask for the status with systemctl status postgresql.service, the service gets started again.

Is this normal functionality on Red Hat 7?
I have searched on the Internet ( including the Red Hat site) for a parameter to replace this behavior, but did not find anything.

Your help is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Marian