On 10/30/18 9:27 AM, Marian Forums wrote:
Hi Adrain,
Thanks for your reply.

How was Postgres installed on this machine?

Have you tried the script from the docs?

My script looks like this:

I am no systemd expert, still the Type=forking does not seem right to me.

# cat /usr/lib/systemd/system/postgresql-9.6.pg-tstxxx.service
[Unit]
Description=postgresql_pg-tstxxx
After=syslog.target
After=network.target

[Service]
Type=forking
User=postgresql
Group=postgresqlg
Environment=PGDATA=/data/pg-tstxxx/data-01/
# Run ExecStartPre with root-permissions
PermissionsStartOnly=true
ExecStartPre=/bin/chown postgresql:postgresqlgroup /var/run/postgresql
ExecStart=/usr/pgsql-9.6/bin/pg_ctl start -D ${PGDATA}
ExecStop=/usr/pgsql-9.6/bin/pg_ctl stop -D ${PGDATA} -s -m fast
ExecReload=/usr/pgsql-9.6/bin/pg_ctl reload -D ${PGDATA} -s
Restart=on-failure
KillMode=control-group
ExecStop=/bin/kill -SIGTERM $MAINPID
RestartSec=10s

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

thanks in advance.
regards,
Marian

Op di 30 okt. 2018 om 14:30 schreef Adrian Klaver <adrian.kla...@aklaver.com <mailto:adrian.kla...@aklaver.com>>:

    On 10/30/18 5:09 AM, Marian Forums wrote:
     > Hi,
     >
     > I have a question about creating a service script to
    start/stop/status
     > postgresql instance ( version 9.6.8) on Red Hat 7.

    How did you install Postgres on the machine?

     > I have read the explanation of how to create such a service
    script on
     > https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/server-start.html .

    Did you use the example at the above link or did you write your own?

    If you wrote your own can you show it?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.kla...@aklaver.com