> > The MySQL autocomplete is designed without context filtering. Maybe we can
> > have this implementation too (as alternative)
> >
> > so using all column names + all table names + aliases.column names (when we
> > know defined alias)
> >
> > Another idea about column excluding. Any implementation on the client side
> > is very complex, because you need to parse sql. But maybe we can enhance
> > SQL with some syntax.
> >
> > SELECT ... and LAST optional clause can be HIDE, OR EXCLUDE NAME or EXCLUDE
> > TYPE
> >
> > SELECT * FROM postgistab HIDE TYPE LIKE 'wkb%'
> > SELECT * FROM postgistab ORDER BY ... EXCLUDE COLUMN LIKE 'shape%'
> >
> > WITH x AS (SELECT * FROM xx)
> > SELECT * FROM x EXCLUDE COLUMN x1,x2
> >
> > The column excluding should be separate *last* clase.
> >
> > More with this syntax is less possibility of collision with ANSI SQL
Not against this. Seems somewhere in here might be a nice quality of life
change.

Still.

I originally suggested that SQL is terrible and we should fearlessly either
replace it or migrate it toward something better. And the thread winds up with
a debate about a minor change to a development tool.

I’m back to just having no earthly idea why anyone who finds relations to be a
productive tool for building a model would think that SQL being the only means
to do that is Okay.

SMH.