Alban Hertroys wrote:
On 3 Jul 2011, at 12:00, Geoffrey Myers wrote:

We have a process that we successfully ran on virtually identical
databases.  The process completed fine on a machine with 8 gig of
memory.  The process fails when run on another machine that has 16
gig of memory with the following error:

out of memory for query result

You didn't mention what client you're using, but could it possibly be
the client that's running out of memory? The fact that it's happening
in the query result seems to point to the client.

Perl.

Another thing you might want to check: Does the second server have at
least as much shared memory configured in the kernel as the first
has?

I was thinking that might be the issue. They have the same amount of share memory configured, but the server that had the error, has 8 postmasters running, whereas the other server only has one.

Alban Hertroys

-- Screwing up is an excellent way to attach something to the
ceiling.

!DSPAM:1272,4e109ddd12091486111017!

--
Until later, Geoffrey