I *think* my independent processes are cleaning up in that they supposedly
abort themselves if they lose db connection, but on restart there is a
table of pid's I'd like to (1) make sure all of the processes are really
dead, killing any who aren't (2) reset flags in a table showing the status
of those process, and (3) clear out the pid list so I can restart the
processes.

Apparently the answer to my original question is "no, there is no way to
run a function at postgres startup." The question on monitoring apps
intrigues me, however. What can they do, and what is available?

Thanks!

     -- John

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 3:56 PM, Kevin Grittner <kevin.gritt...@wicourts.gov