> Questions:
> ---------------
> -Is it a known bug? If yes should I report it (and where)?

Please open a report on github for this -
https://github.com/2ndQuadrant/bdr/issues

> -How to recover such DDL lock problems operation without recreating the
> database? In other words, what is the proper way to cleanly restart both
> nodes?

Restarting both nodes should be sufficient, and I am surprised to see that
is not the case here. This needs more investigation.

> -Is it a well known method to properly detach and attach nodes?

I'm not sure I understand.

If you mean join and remove nodes, join with bdr.bdr_group_join, remove
with bdr.bdr_part_by_node_names .