On Fri, 22 Jan 2016 09:25:58 -0800
Adrian Klaver <adrian.kla...@aklaver.com> wrote:

> When and whom? This is the time for those that had issues to speak up
> either directly or through someone else. In doing so though I would
> expect verifiable information.

Maybe they can't.

Imagine for a second that I'm a homosexual, and that a guy cracked a
crude joke about homosexuals, and three or four people post that it was
a funny joke. Imagine further that I work for one of those troglodyte
employers who would fire me the instant they found out I was a
homosexual, and I come from a family that would disown me if they found
out. I wouldn't speak up. I wouldn't even say "I'm not a homosexual,
but I think your words are hurtful!" Because I would be so afraid of
being found out that I would not give one hint. I'd just leave.

Now imagine I was from one of those countries where homosexuality is
punishable by death.

Speaking up is a privilege often reserved for the in crowd and the
revolutionary.

SteveT

Steve Litt
January 2016 featured book: Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
http://www.troubleshooters.com/28