On 22 January 2016 at 17:30, David E. Wheeler <da...@justatheory.com> wrote:
> The way to involve a broader audience is to solicit feedback from outside the
> immediate confines of a single mail list. Or even the community itself.
> People have left the community because of issues; how do you get their help
> fixing the things over which they left?
>
> BTW, I am one of those “through someone else” people of which you speak.

Excellent! Then can you ask the person for whom you are "someone else"
to explain exactly which parts of the projected CoC are unacceptable?
Because the only way in which I can see it doesn't align with the
Contributor Covenant is that the CoC doesn't consider someone's
personal opinions, either private or expressed outside the Postgresql
arena, to be the responsibility of the Postgres team.

Geoff