Thank you for the reply.

It is inheriting role attributes. I am able to do CREATEDB,CREATEROLE...
etc .
Even i am able to do manual start backup and stop backup also using
*backup_admin.*

But I am not able to do  *pg_basebackup *using *backup_admin ** .*

postgres=# create user backup_admin password 'XXXXX';
CREATE ROLE
postgres=# create role dba_admin SUPERUSER REPLICATION;
CREATE ROLE
postgres=# grant dba_admin to backup_admin;
GRANT ROLE
postgres=# alter user backup_admin set role to dba_admin;
ALTER ROLE

postgres=# \du
                                           List of roles
    Role name     |                         Attributes
    |     Member of
------------------+------------------------------------------------------------+--------------------
 backup_admin     |
   | {dba_admin}
 dba_admin        | Superuser, Cannot login, Replication
    | {}
 postgres         | Superuser, Create role, Create DB, Replication, Bypass
RLS | {}

[postgres@pgserver ~]$ psql -U backup_admin -p 5432 -d postgres
psql.bin (9.5.5)
Type "help" for help.

postgres=# create database demo;
CREATE DATABASE
postgres=# create user test_user;
CREATE ROLE

Is there any deference creating backup_admin user below two methods?*.*

*case A)*
 postgres=# create user backup_admin password 'XXXXX';
CREATE ROLE
postgres=# create role dba_admin SUPERUSER REPLICATION;
CREATE ROLE
postgres=# grant dba_admin to backup_admin;
GRANT ROLE
postgres=# alter user backup_admin set role to dba_admin;
ALTER ROLE

pg_basebackup is * not working* if i use above syntax to create
backup_admin.

*Case B)* CREATE USER backup_admin password ' XXXXX' SUPERUSER REPLCATION;

pg_basebackup is* working *if i use above syntax to create backup_admin.

Why case A and case B  functionality changes ?.
Is there any Issues/changes in pg_basebackup?

Please provide your inputs.

Thanks,
Chiru