On Fri, 1 Dec 2017 16:38:42 -0300
Alvaro Herrera <alvhe...@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:

> To me it makes sense to say "let's create this method which is for
> data compression" (CREATE ACCESS METHOD hyperz TYPE COMPRESSION)
> followed by either "let's use this new compression method for the
> type tsvector" (ALTER TYPE tsvector SET COMPRESSION hyperz) or "let's
> use this new compression method for the column tc" (ALTER TABLE ALTER
> COLUMN tc SET COMPRESSION hyperz).

Hi, I think if CREATE ACCESS METHOD can be used for compression, then it
could be nicer than CREATE COMPRESSION METHOD. I just don't
know that compression could go as access method or not. Anyway
it's easy to change syntax and I don't mind to do it, if it will be
neccessary for the patch to be commited.

--
----
Regards,