This was discussed upthread and the solution found was "objects need to
be rebuilt, indexes need to be reindexed".  The point of Alexander's
query was to find affected objects that need such treatment.  Teodor
explicitly disregarded any change in pg_upgrade because the database
you're upgrading *from* is supposed to have gotten indexes reindexed,
etc.

I don't think that is really going to be acceptable.  People do not like
minor version updates that break their databases.  If we start doing
that we're going to find people refusing to apply minor updates, which
is not a place we want to be.
That's true, but we have choice of bad solutions. Current index could not support operator before patch. So we can:
1) Change operator to support existing index. That is what Alexander
   did. And yes, it changes returning order for both sequential and
   index scans, but makes them synced. Actually, user should not
   reindex existing indexes but should be ready for order changing
2) Change index structure which isn't obvious how. At least, it's
   possible to  add new operator class (so, upgrade script is needed)
   Mandatory reindex and order changes for index scans
3) Remove index support for this operator at all. And introduce new
   operator in HEAD with index support. This will need an upgrade script
   in minor versions

--
Teodor Sigaev                      E-mail: teo...@sigaev.ru
                                      WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/