I've been troubleshooting an issue with slow pg_dump times on postgres 9.6.6. I
believe something changed between 9.5.10 and 9.6.6 that has made dumps
significantly slower for databases with a large number of relations. I posted
this in irc and someone suggested that I should post this here. I'm sorry if
this isn't the right place.

To simulate the issue I generated 150,000 relations spread across 1000 schemas
(this roughly reflects my production setup).

```ruby
File.write "many_relations.sql", (150000 / 150).times.flat_map {|n|
  [
   "create schema s_#{n};",
   150.times.map do |t|
     "create table s_#{n}.test_#{t} (id int);"
   end
   ]
}.join("\n")
```

I have 2 identical pieces of hardware. I've installed 9.5 on one and 9.6 on the
other. I've run the same generated piece of sql in a fresh database on both
systems.

On my 9.5.10 system:
> time pg_dump -n s_10 testing > /dev/null
real    0m5.492s
user    0m1.424s
sys     0m0.184s

On my 9.6.6 system:
> time pg_dump -n s_10 testing > /dev/null
real    0m27.342s
user    0m1.748s
sys     0m0.248s

If I call that same pg_dump command with the verbose option, the delay is at
`pg_dump: reading user-defined tables` step.

I don't have identical hardware, so I can't say for sure, but I believe this
issue is still present in 10.1.

Is this a legitimate issue? Is there more information I can provide to help
better assess the situation?

Thanks in advance everyone!

Luke