Pavan Deolasee writes:

> Thanks for doing those tests. I've just sent v16a version of the patch and
> I think it fixes the issues reported so far. Can you please recheck? Please
> let me know if there are other issues detected by sqlsmith or otherwise.

I re-did the testing with merge_v16a applied to master at 7923118c16
with ad7dbee368a reverted because of conflicts.  I can confirm that the
previous testcases don't fail anymore, but sqlsmith readily triggers the
following assertion:

TRAP: FailedAssertion("!(mergeTargetRelation > 0)", File: "planner.c",
Line: 1496)

Testcase attached.

regards,
Andreas