(2018/02/23 16:38), Amit Langote wrote:
On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 8:49 PM, Etsuro Fujita
<fujita.ets...@lab.ntt.co.jp>  wrote:
This would introduce an asymmetry (we can move tuples from plain partitions
to foreign partitions, but the reverse is not true), but I am thinking that
it would be probably okay to document about that.

About just documenting the asymmetry you mentioned that's caused by
the fact that we don't enforce constraints on foreign tables, I
started wondering if we shouldn't change our stance on the matter wrt
"partition" constraints?

I'm not sure that it's a good idea to make an exception in that case. Another concern is triggers on the remote side; those might change the row so that the partition constraint of the containing partition is no longer satisfied.

But, admittedly, that's a topic for a
different thread.

OK, I'll leave that for another patch.

Will post a new version.  Thanks for the comments!

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita