On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 09:11:50 -0500
Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentr...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> Here is a patch that allows COMMIT inside cursor loops in PL/pgSQL.
> As alluded to in earlier threads, this is done by converting such
> cursors to holdable automatically.  A special flag "auto-held" marks
> such cursors, so we know to clean them up on exceptions.
> This is currently only for PL/pgSQL, but the same technique could be
> applied easily to other PLs.

The patch still applies, tests passed. The code looks nice,
documentation and tests are there.

Although as was discussed before it seems inconsistent without ROLLBACK
support. There was a little discussion about it, but no replies. Maybe
the status of the patch should be changed to 'Waiting on author' until
the end of discussion.

Ildus Kurbangaliev
Russian Postgres Company