On 2021-10-08 00:15, Thomas Munro wrote:

I noticed that for NetBSD we only have one animal, and it's running
EOL'd release 7.  To give decent visibility of relevant portability
problems it'd be nice to have one of the current supported releases[1]
in there.  CC'ing owner; any interest in updating this animal to 9.x?

Yes, it's getting long in the tooth. I will upgrade the NetBSD 7 (sidewinder) to 9.2.

For FreeBSD the situation is better, we have HEAD (bleeding edge 14),
13.x, and then loach running 10.3 which is dead.  Given that 12.x and
13.x are supported[2] (well, 11.4 is just about done), perhaps it'd
make sense to cover 12.x rather than 10.x?

And I will also upgrade loach to 12.x if that's the version that is needed the most.

I don't know too much about DragonflyBSD, but I happened to be
surveying operating systems we support (by the "it's in the build farm
so we're going to keep it green" definition) in the context of some
AIO work, and I learned that they'd ripped the native AIO support out
of this one at some point, which caused me to focus on the versions.
Animal conchuela is running 4.4 (2016) while 6.0 is current[3].
Again, if we're going to have one example of a rare OS that someone
cares about, I think it'd be useful to have a current one?

I will upgrade conchuela to DragonFlyBSD 6.0.

For OpenBSD we have the current[4] and previous major releases
covered, so that's cool, and then there's a 5.9 system, which is long
dead and could probably be put to better use, but at least we don't
lack coverage there.

I will remove the 5.9 (curculio) and upgrade the 6.5 (morepork) to 6.9.

Would these changes be acceptable?

/Mikael