Le 14/10/2021 à 20:26, Tom Lane a écrit :
"David G. Johnston" <david.g.johns...@gmail.com> writes:
Taking this a bit further, I dislike tying the suppression of the column
from the select-list star to the behavior of insert without a column list
provided.  I’m not fully on board with having an attribute that is not
fundamental to the data model but rather an instruction about how that
column interacts with SQL; separating the two aspects, though, would help.
I accept the desire to avoid star expansion much more than default columns
for insert.
Yeah, me too.  I think it would add a lot of clarity if we defined this
as "this affects the behavior of SELECT * and nothing else" ... although
even then, there are squishy questions about how much it affects the
behavior of composite datums that are using the column's rowtype.
But as soon as you want it to bleed into INSERT, you start having a
lot of questions about what else it should bleed into, as Aleksander
already mentioned.

I not agree, expansion in executed when there is no column list provided and this affect SELECT and INSERT. It cover the same needs: being able to remove a column for the target list when it is not explicitly set. This feature is known like this and I'm not in favor to tear off a leg.

--
Gilles Darold