On 2022/02/01 10:44, Nathan Bossart wrote:
On Tue, Feb 01, 2022 at 12:23:10AM +0530, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
On Tue, Feb 1, 2022 at 12:00 AM Nathan Bossart <nathandboss...@gmail.com> wrote:
I think the pg_controldata change needs some extra spaces for alignment,
but otherwise these patches seem reasonable to me.

Thanks. My bad it was. Changed in v6.

-                               (errmsg("restartpoint complete: wrote %d buffers
(%.1f%%); "
+                               (errmsg("restartpoint complete: lsn=%X/%X, redo
lsn=%X/%X; "
+                                               "wrote %d buffers (%.1f%%); "
                                                "%d WAL file(s) added, %d removed,
%d recycled; "
                                                "write=%ld.%03d s, sync=%ld.%03d s,
total=%ld.%03d s; "
                                                "sync files=%d, longest=%ld.%03d s,
average=%ld.%03d s; "
                                                "distance=%d kB, estimate=%d
kB",
+
LSN_FORMAT_ARGS(ControlFile->checkPointCopy.redo),
+
LSN_FORMAT_ARGS(ControlFile->checkPoint),

The order of arguments for LSN seems wrong.
LSN_FORMAT_ARGS(ControlFile->checkPoint) should be specified ahead of
LSN_FORMAT_ARGS(ControlFile->checkPointCopy.redo)?

Could you tell me why the information for LSN is reported earlierly in the log
message? Since ordinally users would be more interested in the information
about I/O by checkpoint, the information for LSN should be placed later? Sorry
if this was already discussed.

Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center
Research and Development Headquarters