On 2022/02/03 15:50, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
On way to take. In that case should we log something like
"Restartpoint canceled" or something?

+1

By the way, restart point should start only while recoverying, and at
the timeof the start both checkpoint.redo and checkpoint LSN are
already past. We shouldn't update minRecovery point after promotion,
but is there any reason for not updating the checkPoint and
checkPointCopy?  If we update them after promotion, the
which-LSN-to-show problem would be gone.

I tried to find the reason by reading the past discussion, but have not found
that yet.

If we update checkpoint and REDO LSN at pg_control in that case, we also need
to update min recovery point at pg_control? Otherwise the min recovery point at
pg_control still indicates the old LSN that previous restart point set.

Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center
Research and Development Headquarters
NTT DATA CORPORATION