On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 7:14 AM, Andres Freund <and...@anarazel.de> wrote:

> I've attached a noticeably editorialized patch:

+           /*
+            * As long as we don't support an UPDATE of INSERT ON CONFLICT
for
+            * a partitioned table we shouldn't reach to a case where tuple
+            * be lock is moved to another partition due to concurrent
update
+            * of the partition key.
+           Assert(!ItemPointerIndicatesMovedPartitions(&hufd.ctid));
+

This is no longer true; at least not entirely. We still don't support ON
CONFLICT DO UPDATE to move a row to a different partition, but otherwise it
works now. See 555ee77a9668e3f1b03307055b5027e13bf1a715.

Thanks,
Pavan

--
 Pavan Deolasee                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/