I wrote:
> John Naylor <jcnay...@gmail.com> writes:
>> On 4/6/18, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> BTW, I experimented with adding blank lines between the hash items in the
>>> .dat files, and that seemed to make a nice improvement in readability,

> Anyway, as I said, I'm not set on this change.  If you're unexcited by
> the idea then let's drop it.

On third thought, there's actually a positive reason not to do that.
The more vertical whitespace we have, the less traction there is for
context diffs to find the right place to change, so that we'd be
increasing the risk of patch misapplication.  That was one of the
worries that we set out to avoid with this whole design.

So nevermind ... I'll get on with looking at v14.

                        regards, tom lane