On Wed, Jun 1, 2022 at 2:57 AM Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We do use fpm_segment_base(), but that accidentally fails
> to break, because instead of using relptr_access() it drills right
> through the abstraction and doesn't have any kind of special case for
> 0. So we can fix this by:
>
> 1. Using a relative pointer value other than 0 to represent a null
> pointer. Andres suggested (Size) -1.
> 2. Not storing the free page manager for the DSM in the main shared
> memory segment at byte offset 0.

Hi all,

For this open item, the above two ideas were discussed as a short-term
fix, and my reading of the thread is that the other proposals are too
invasive at this point in the cycle. Both of them have a draft patch
in the thread. #2, i.e. wasting MAXALIGN of space, seems the simplest
and most localized. Any thoughts on pulling the trigger on either of
these two approaches?

--
John Naylor
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com