On Mon, Nov 28, 2022 at 6:32 PM David G. Johnston
<david.g.johns...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Desirable follow-on patches include:
>
> 1) Automatically install an additional membership grant, with the CREATEROLE
> user as the grantor, specifying INHERIT OR SET as TRUE (I personally favor
> attaching these to ALTER ROLE, modifiable only by oneself)

Hmm, that's an interesting alternative to what I actually implemented.
Some people might like it better, because it puts the behavior fully
under the control of the CREATEROLE user, which a number of you seem
to favor.

I suppose if we did it that way, it could even be a GUC, like
create_role_automatic_grant_options.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com