On 08.03.23 08:40, Tom Lane wrote:
Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentr...@enterprisedb.com> writes:
On 05.03.23 00:04, Tom Lane wrote:
I've gone through this and have a modest suggestion: let's invent some
wrapper functions around encode(sha256()) to reduce the cosmetic diffs
and consequent need for closer study of patch changes.  In the attached
I called them "notmd5()", but I'm surely not wedded to that name.

Do you mean create this on the fly in the test suite, or make it a new
built-in function?

The former --- please read my version of the patch.

Ok, that makes sense. We have some other uses of this pattern in other test suites that my initial patch didn't cover yet, for example in src/test/subscripton, but we don't have expected files there, so the argument of reducing the diffs doesn't apply.