On Mon, Jun 5, 2023 at 10:33 PM Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> > Note that this is a known issue
> Yeah.  We have attempted to work around this before, but failed to find
> a solution without more downsides than upsides.  I will be interested
> to look at this patch, but lack time for it right now.  Anybody else?

Ah, I didn't find that mention in the documentation when I was trying to
get this working. Sorry about that!

My argument in favour of considering this patch is that making
"./configure; make; make check" work on current major operating systems
makes it easier for others to contribute in the future. I think the
disadvantage of this patch is it makes pg_regress harder to understand,
because it requires an #ifdef for this OS specific behaviour, and obscures
the command lines of the child processes it spawns.

Thanks for considering it!

Evan