On 2018-Jun-05, David Fetter wrote:

Hi David

> Here's my attempt to $subject. I've tested with vim, but I'm much less
> certain I got the EMACS code right.
>
> Is there any interest in such a feature?

I'd rather have the editor warn me (highlight) such things rather than
fix them silently (I wonder if it'd cause a mess with regression .out
files for example, which I do edit on occasion).

I once tried to have vim highlight trailing whitespace, spaces before
tabs, and overlength lines (>80 chars), and while I could do each thing
in isolation, I wasn't able to get it to highlight the three of them at
the same time.  If you have a recipe for that, I welcome it.