On Fri, Nov 24, 2023 at 3:56 PM Alena Rybakina <lena.riback...@yandex.ru> wrote:

> On 24.11.2023 13:20, Alena Rybakina wrote:
>
> Hi! Thank you for your work on the subject, I think it's a really useful
> feature.
>
> I've reviewed your patch and I have a few questions.
>
> First of all, have you thought about creating a gun parameter to display
> memory scheduling information? I agree that this is an important feature, but
> I think only for debugging.

Not a GUC parameter but I have a proposal to use EXPLAIN for the same. [1]

> Secondly, I noticed that for the child_rinfo_hash key you use a counter (int)
> and can it lead to collisions? Why didn't you generate a hash from
> childRestrictInfo for this? For example, something like how it is formed here
> [0].

Not usually. But that's the only "key" we have to access a set of
sematically same RestrictInfos. Relids is another key to access the
exact RestrictInfo. A child RestrictInfo can not be used since there
will many child RestrictInfos. Similar parent RestrictInfo can not be
used since there will be multiple forms of the same RestrictInfo.

Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat