On Fri Dec 15, 2023 at 10:06 AM CST, Tom Lane wrote:
Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> writes:
> Here's more or less what I had in mind.

Do we really need the dependency on an install tree?
Can't we just find the executables (or .o files for Darwin)
in the build tree?  Seems like that would simplify usage,
and reduce the possibility for version-skew errors.

Seems like you would be forcing an extension author to keep a Postgres source tree around if you went this route. Perhaps supporting either the build tree or an install tree would get you the best of both worlds.

--
Tristan Partin
Neon (https://neon.tech)