On 2024-01-25 Th 15:33, Tom Lane wrote:
Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> writes:
On 2024-01-25 Th 14:31, Tom Lane wrote:
(The reported crashes seem to be happening later during a
recursive invocation, seemingly because JsonbType(jb) is
returning garbage.  So there may be another bug after this one.)
I don't think so. AIUI The first call deals with the '$' and the second
one deals with the '.string()', which is why we see the error on the
second call.
There's something else going on, because I'm still getting the
assertion failure on my Mac with this fix in place.  Annoyingly,
it goes away if I compile with -O0, so it's kind of hard to
identify what's going wrong.

Curiouser and curiouser. On my Mac the error is manifest but the fix you suggested cures it. Built with -O2 -g, clang 15.0.0, Apple Silicon.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan