On 06/21/2018 12:39 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
Andres Freund <and...@anarazel.de> writes:
On June 21, 2018 9:04:28 AM PDT, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
This isn't really ready to go.  One clear problem is that you broke
pg_dump'ing from any pre-v11 version, because you did not add suitable
null outputs to the pre-v11 query variants in getTableAttrs.
Thought the same for a bit - think it's OK though, because there a check for
PQfnumber being bigger than 0...
It won't actually crash, but it will spit out lots of ugly warnings.

I followed the pattern used for attidentity. But why will it spit out warnings? It doesn't ask for the missing stuff from an older version.

Incidentally, I just checked this by applying the patch and then running through the buildfarm's cross version upgrade check. All was kosher. Upgrade from all live branches to the patched master went without a hitch.

cheers

andrew