Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostg...@gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, Apr 2, 2024 at 3:41 PM Kartyshov Ivan
> <i.kartys...@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
>>
>> 8 years, we tried to add this feature, and now we suggest the best way
>> for this feature is to commit the minimal version first.
>
> Just curious, do you or anyone else have an immediate use for this
> function? If yes, how are they achieving read-after-write-consistency
> on streaming standbys in their application right now without a
> function like this?

The link [1] may be helpful and I think the reason there is reasonable
to me.

Actually we also disucss how to make sure the "read your writes
consistency" internally, and the soluation here looks good to me.

Glad to know that this patch will be committed very soon.

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAPpHfdtuiL1x4APTs7u1fCmxkVp2-ZruXcdCfprDMdnOzvdC%2BA%40mail.gmail.com

--
Best Regards